Selling on ebay.com from UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-31-2020

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00
Default Selling on ebay.com from UK

I have some intangible items, thinking to sell on ebay.com, I have tried creating a listing, there is a tab talking about sales tax, is that mandatory to fill in, I like in UK, have eb and pp registered on uk address,

1. Is this allowed to sell on ebay.com from UK
2. Can I have same listing with some changes on USA and UK ebay.
3. So I figure out I have to change item location to USA, any problem doing that
4. Do I need to setup pp in any way differently?

Any other changes i need to make or be aware off?

Any help appreciated

Old 11-01-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Selling on ebay.com from UK

You can use your uk eBay account to sell in the USA and you do not need a different PayPal account. Just setup your listing to sell to USA only and if you want it to look like it’s coming from a USA address then in the shipped from put USA in the zip code and USA as the country, that way it look at first glance you are in the USA. PayPal will convert the dollars to pounds when the buyer pays.
Old 11-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
You can use your uk eBay account to sell in the USA and you do not need a different PayPal account. Just setup your listing to sell to USA only and if you want it to look like it’s coming from a USA address then in the shipped from put USA in the zip code and USA as the country, that way it look at first glance you are in the USA. PayPal will convert the dollars to pounds when the buyer pays.
1. Is this a mandatory to sell only to usa or I can tick ship to worldwide?
2. To make it look like from USA, do you mean to change the item location in listings or change the shipped from address in ebay account settings
3. I understand when I receive money in dollars then pp will convert into pounds, but I am having issues where I received money from usa buyer as normal but when I am trying to refund him eb says error in refunding buyer, pp says I do not have enough money to refund, while I have enough on pp balance, I think pp trying to get money from my bank rather using the pp balance to refund buyer, I have tried changing the settings but there are no such settings or I can not find, am I just stuck in pound dollar issue when it comes to refund. How to sort this out please?
Old 11-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by winge00 View Post
1. Is this a mandatory to sell only to usa or I can tick ship to worldwide?
2. To make it look like from USA, do you mean to change the item location in listings or change the shipped from address in ebay account settings
3. I understand when I receive money in dollars then pp will convert into pounds, but I am having issues where I received money from usa buyer as normal but when I am trying to refund him eb says error in refunding buyer, pp says I do not have enough money to refund, while I have enough on pp balance, I think pp trying to get money from my bank rather using the pp balance to refund buyer, I have tried changing the settings but there are no such settings or I can not find, am I just stuck in pound dollar issue when it comes to refund. How to sort this out please?
1. No can be sell only usa only and also worldwide
2. You needs to put usa location on your item listing page
3. Some other issue on your paypal, you can sell and get money in any currency and either keep it or convert automatically or even convert after your balance