Rotating IP addresses, and bad networks? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-01-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Rotating IP addresses, and bad networks?

After seeing advice on these forums on hotspots and 4G routers I tried a few different SIM cards in a 4G router. The issue is that the network that seems to be preferred by some users here - Smarty (3 Network) has rotating IP addresses where the last digit changes every few minutes.

I have two other options with different networks which seem to keep the same IP address until I disconnect and reconnect. My question is are some networks just bad for ebay, and more likely to trigger a security concern even if they keep the same IP address for each session?

My usual network for my internet is Smarty but the rotating IP tends to trigger suspicion even with Google where I get Captchas every other day.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,982 Times in 8,272 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Rotating IP addresses, and bad networks?

usually the real iP networks are not bad for eb
Old 09-01-2023
Threadstarter  

Thanks. i'll stick with the networks that have a Static IP for each session. I won't use Smarty as I had an experience with a buyer account where ebay stopped sending promotional offers when I started using that SIM.

I hope there is no difference between a 4G Router and Hotspot set up in terms of the MAC address of the device. My guess is that ebay won't see the MAC address in either case but I don't know for sure.
Old 09-12-2023
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

We use tens of accounts on a three sim and keep adding new accounts with no suspensions. It cost £90 for 90 days unlimited. Could be cheaper but we use the server concurently for other endeavours. We use excel to track IPs and only change the last two digits.
Pin the router settings to a dedicated tab and it'd take a few seconds get a new 4G IP.
Static residential proxies (ISP proxies) also work great, cost less and don't require you to fiddle with routers and excel sheets but you'd have to get one thast's not abused, keep your eyes on the data if it PAYG or cost will rise.
Old 09-12-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,982 Times in 8,272 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
We use tens of accounts on a three sim and keep adding new accounts with no suspensions. It cost £90 for 90 days unlimited. Could be cheaper but we use the server concurently for other endeavours. We use excel to track IPs and only change the last two digits.
Pin the router settings to a dedicated tab and it'd take a few seconds get a new 4G IP.
Static residential proxies (ISP proxies) also work great, cost less and don't require you to fiddle with routers and excel sheets but you'd have to get one thast's not abused, keep your eyes on the data if it PAYG or cost will rise.
Nice setup - price is tolerable indeed
Old 09-13-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
We use tens of accounts on a three sim and keep adding new accounts with no suspensions. It cost £90 for 90 days unlimited....

..Static residential proxies (ISP proxies) also work great, cost less and don't require you to fiddle with routers...
So your IP address is rotating every few minutes on the Three SIM and it doesn't cause problems? It seems risky when I can use another SIM with a Static IP.

I tried a Residential Proxy in the past, but I got an ID request on that account, and it was linked to other accounts by my bank account so I lost them all as I didn't want to submit ID at that time. I don't honestly know if it was the Residential Proxy or if I might have logged in with a VPN before that time. I was a total newbie and made some rookie errors.

It seems the set up I am going to use is best even if I have to keep fiddling with the router.
Old 09-13-2023

Longevity: 78%

I can confirm that the 3 sim solution does not cause any problems in the UK, at one of my sites there, I access out to the internet through a 3 home internet tower.

Also there are no Static IP addresses with sim cards, due to what they are, they all have dynamic IP addresses
Old 10-05-2023

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

No issues with 3 network, though google doesn't like their phone numbers for phone vertification
Old 10-08-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Also there are no Static IP addresses with sim cards, due to what they are, they all have dynamic IP addresses
I kept checking my ip address when I used SIMs from different networks. Only 3 kept changing every few minutes. One of the other SIMs kept the same IP address for around 30 minutes. Maybe I am using the wrong term in "static" but they appear to keep the same IP address for longer periods on other networks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfoltyn View Post
No issues with 3 network, though google doesn't like their phone numbers for phone vertification
Google doesn't like 3 for browsing either. I am now on a 3 SIM for my regular browsing and get Captchas all the time.